These video game trivia questions and answers will test your knowledge about the gaming industry. Have fun!
Video Game Trivia Questions with Answers
1.What video game was released exclusively in 1996 for PlayStation and starred a marsupial that is found in Australia and Tasmania?
2. In the video game Pac-Man, what is the name of the orange ghost?
3. What actress makes a special appearance in Watch Dogs?
4. What 2014 game gives you the name “Douchebag”?
South Park: The Stick of Truth
5. In what game will you likely find Thugs, Floaters, Rams, and Suiciders?
6. Which game developer released four “Game of the Year” games?
Todd Howard – he is one of the only developers to create three Game of the Year winners in a row with Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim. The fourth winner was Morrowind.
7. Which 2010 game was deemed the most polarizing in the survival-horror genre?
8. True or false: a British man had his name legally changed to PlayStation.
True – Dan Holmes has legally changed his name to Mr PlayStation 2. That’s what we call commitment!
9. Who created the 2002 PC game The Sims?
10. What famous movie director and producer worked on the 1999 game Medal of Honor?
11. What 1997 video game is considered best-selling for the PlayStation?
12. What was the most sold game for the Super Nintendo?
Super Mario World
13. Captain Novolin was a game that was based on what illness?
14. Which handheld console was considered the “Rolls Royce” of handheld consoles?
The Turbo Express
15. What 1991 video game developed by Rare is considered one of the most difficult games?
16. Michael Jackson starred in what 1991 SEGA game?
17. What computer game became the best-selling piece of software, surpassing Windows 95?
18. What was the first console to have an analog stick and 3D graphics?
The Nintendo 64
19. What is the highest selling video game console of all time?
The Playstation 2
20. What famous actor starred in a Pitfall commercial in 1982?
21. Name one of the causes of the video game crash of 1983.
There were too many poorly made games and too many consoles. Or another cause – the massive competition with computers.
22. What was SEGA’s first home console?
23. Who created Tetris?
It was originally designed and programmed by the russian Alexey Pajitnov. It was oficially released on June 6, 1984.
24. What was Mario’s first profession?
25. Before it was called Super Mario Bros. 2, it was called what?
Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic
26. What was the first console that played 16-bit video games?
TurboGrafx-16 Entertainment SuperSystem
27. Who was known for introducing the idea of playing video games on a TV?
Ralph Baer, an engineer working for Sanders Associates Inc. at that time.
28. Name the earliest interactive gaming device that was based on a WWII radar display?
The Cathode Raytube Amusement Device – also known as CRT.
29. In what year was SEGA founded?
30. What video game console was the first to be cartridge based?
The Fairchild Channel F
31. The very first handheld gaming device from Nintento was called what?
Milton Bradley Microvision in 1979.
32. What Atari game was the first to sell one million cartridges?
33. The company Namco released a game called Puck-Man but was later changed to what name?
34. Who was the antagonist in Donkey Kong Jr.?
35. Name the four ghosts in Pac-Man.
Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde
36. What was the first gaming magazine dedicated to video games?
37. What year was Nintendo founded and what did they initially sell?
They were founded in 1889 and used to sell handmade Hanafuda playing cards.