1. What are the two best-selling pop albums of all time?
Michael Jackson – Thriller and Eagles – Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975, both with over 30 million sold albums.
2. Bram Stoker’s Dracula lived in Transylvania. What modern-day country can Transylvania be found in?
3. Which hit single went to #1 in the U.S. in 2012 after an internet meme went viral with the song?
4. Who was Kim Kardashian’s second husband?
Kris Humphries – she was first married to Damon Thomas in 2000.
5. This band was a one-hit wonder. They had a 1995 hit named “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”. Can you name this band that started in Texas?
Deep Blue Something
6. Which author wrote Jurassic Park?
7. The singer had two very popular duets with Rihanna. Who is Marshall Bruce Mathers III better known as?
8. This star was born Amethyst Amelia Kelly and had “no problem” racing to the top of the charts in 2014. What name do you know her better as?
9. Who produced and performed in the 1989 Batman soundtrack that included the hits “Batdance” and “Partyman”?
10. How old was Leanne Rimes when she released her first single “Blue”?
13 years old
Pop Culture Questions
11. What product did Mr. Whipple ask you not to squeeze from 1964 through 1985?
12. This actor won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 2015 for Whiplash. He has also been the pitchman for Farmers Insurance Group since 2010. Can you name him?
13. McDonalds has used the slogal “I’m Lovin’ it” since 2003. What superstar and former boy band member did they use to record the vocals for this jingle?
14. How many times was Elizabeth Taylor married?
Eight times – she was married to seven men (Conrad Hilton, Michael Wilding, Mike Todd, Eddie Fisher, Richard Burton (1964-1974 and 1975-1976), John Warner, and Larry Fortensky.
15. What U.S. newspaper is currently second is U.S. circulation and is nicknamed “the Gray Lady”?
The New York Times – USA Today being the first.
16. This superstar has played cinematic characters named Annie Porter, Gracie Hart, Harper Lee, and Scarlet Overkill. Who is she?
17. What is the first film to win the Oscar for Best Picture (it was called Academy Award for Outstanding Picture at the time) ?
18. Name the 2015 breakout hit for Fox that had characters named Cookie, Lucious and Rhonda?
19. What is the real name of Marilyn Monroe?
Norma Jeane – her last name was Mortenson.
20. For which song did Madonna release her first video in 1982?
D. Everybody – the video was shot at the Paradise Garage, a New York club.
Pop Culture Trivia Questions and Answers
21. Who insisted throughout the 80s that “Girls just wanna have fun?”
Cyndi Lauper – the single was released on September 6th, 1983.
22. Which US artist is known as the ‘King of Pop’?
Michael Jackson – commonly known as the true King of Pop music. And rightly so.
23. Madonna won a Golden Globe award for which movie?
24. Who won the first American Idol?
Kelly Clarkson – it happened in 2002.
25. What was Beyonce’s debut solo album?
Dangerously in love
26. Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake all used to be singers and presenters on what?
Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Club
27. Britney Spears has a middle name. What is it?
28. What is Justin Timberlake’s middle name?
29. Michael Balzary of The Red Hot Chili Peppers is better known as what?
30. What is R&B star Ashanti’s surname?
Pop Trivia Questions
31. Who is Alecia Moore better known as?
32. What was the first commercial radio station in the United States?
The Birth of a Nation
33. What film parodied the Cold War?
34. What was used as a special effect for blood in the shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock’s ‘Psycho’?
Chocolate syrup – the movie was in black and white.
35. In what town on Earth did Superman grow up?
36. Who lived at 1313 Mockingbird Lane?
37. What television show is The Simsons a spin-off of?
The Tracey Ulman Show
38. How many dice are rolled at one time in Yahtzee?
39. How many Star Wars films are out there?
40. Who is Baby Ruth candy bar named for?
Pop Culture Trivia
41. Who hosted Jeopardy! before Alex Trebeck?
42. What show was Abraham Lincoln attending when he was assassinated in 1865?
Our American Cousin
43. In what city was American Bandstand originally broadcasted from?
44. What beer made Milwaukee famous?
45. What is the highest grossing movie of all time?
46. What is the longest running Broadway show of all time?
The Phantom of the Opera – it passed Cats in 2006.
47. What is the longest running game show on television?
The Price is Right – The current version began in 1972 while an earlier show ran from 1956 to 1965.
48. What famous Jazz musician was nicknamed Satchmo?
49. What was the first all day cable news network?